The Readiness Programme for Climate Financed kicked off with Seminar #1, two day seminar in Washington, DC, bringing together experts from a variety of organizations, such as the Climate Investment Funds (CIF), the Green Climate Fund (GCF), the World Bank’s Climate Change Group, Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), Conservation International (CDKN), the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), the Nature Conservancy, German aid group GIZ, and others. This seminar series, part of its Readiness Programme for Climate Finance, is designed to strengthen the effective and fully-operational climate finance direct access model the Fund has pioneered.
Representatives from three of the Fund’s accredited National Implementing Entities participated in the workshop, providing insights from their on-the-ground experiences, including: Ms. Claire Bernard, Deputy Director General, Sustainable Development and Regional Planning, Planning Institute of Jamaica (PIOJ); Mr. Mario Nanclares, Head of Environmental and Social Unit, Unidad Ambiental y Social (UCAR), Argentina; Mr. Déthié Soumaré Ndiaye, Coordinator of Adaptation Fund-related activities, Centre de Suivi Ecologique (CSE), Senegal.
The Adaptation Fund’s Readiness Programme for Climate Finance aims to strengthen the capacity of national and regional entities to receive and manage climate financing as they adapt and build resilience to changing conditions in sectors ranging from agriculture and food security to coastal zones and urban areas.
Presentations and The Wrap (a distillation of key takeaways) from the Climate Finance Readiness Seminar #1 can be downloaded below.
- Session 1: Fiduciary Standards-Challenges-Successes and Lessons Learned (703.91 KB, PDF)
- Session 2: Adaptation Fund’s Fiduciary Standards (349.52 KB, PDF)
- Session 2: ANII Uruguay NIE accreditation experience (312.81 KB, PDF)
- Session 2: CSE Senegal NIE accreditation experience (704.24 KB, PDF)
- Session 2: MINIRENA Rwanda NIE accreditation experience (127.49 KB, PDF)
- Session 3: Adaptation Fund E&S Procedures (646.07 KB, PDF)
- Session 3: Adaptation Fund E&S Requirements for Accreditation & Re-accreditation (107.91 KB, PDF)
- Session 3: Adaptation Fund E&S Policy Overview (556.22 KB, PDF)
- Session 4: PPCR Readiness Lessons from Phase 1 (256.88 KB, PDF)
- Session 4: GEF accreditation experience (726.68 KB, PDF)
- Session 5: WRI assessment GCF Readiness (447.39 KB, PDF)
- Session 5: UNDP readiness experiences (455.13 KB, PDF)
- Session 5: CDKN Approaches to Climate Finance Readiness (216.45 KB, PDF)
- Session 5: World Bank Climate Change Groups readiness experiences (895.43 KB, PDF)
- Session 5: GIZ readiness experiences (469.86 KB, PDF)
- The Wrap: AF Climate Finance Readiness Seminar #1 (325.1 KB, PDF)
Image courtesy of UNAMID (Flickr).